Bioconductor 3.3 packages
Bioconductor 3.3 has just been released. You can find the complete list of new packages (and changes to existing packages) here but here are a few I thought might be interesting based on the description. I might have more to say once I’ve had time to try a few out.
- debrowser – Interactive plots and tables for differential expression
- DEFormats – convert between differential expression formats
- EBSEA – exon based differential expression
- EmpiricalBrownsMethod – combining dependent p-values
- Linnorm – normalisation for parametric tests, simulation of RNA-seq data
- multiClust – feature selection and clustering analysis for transcriptomic data
- RGraph2js – interactive network visualisations with D3
- tximport – import and summarise transcript-level estimates
These packages are specific to single-cell RNA-seq analysis. A couple of them I am already familiar with, particularly scater.
- cellity - identifying low-quality cells
- celTree - model the relationship between individual cells over time or space.
- scater - tools for analysis of single-cell RNA-seq data (particularly QC)
- scde - single-cell differential expression
- scran - normalisation, cell-cycle assignment, gene detection